Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SILVER ALERTS: The New "I Spy'"

SILVER ALERTS: Originally I had thought it was to keep an eye out for cars that had done something really bad...like a get away car type deal,  so I was always on the keenest lookout for whatever license plate, car make and model, and color of vehicle that flashed on the screen above the road. I was so into it that I looked forward to my drives on I-95. 

I started to kinda make it like the new driving game to pass time, instead of "I spy with my little eye something....black!" it was now, "56Y LMP- Blue BMW." After a few months of playing my new little game with myself, I decided to include my husband in on the fun. One day he asked me what a silver alert actually was so I  told him it was to help find criminals, but he didn't believe me. I guess it turned out that he was right because it really was an alert for old people who get lost. Apparently some of the elderly find a way out of wherever they are and then set out on the open highway. 

I mean, it is a really great thing to have in place and all, but it wasn't as cool as me helping to find a bank robber. When I found out what a silver alert was, it started to make more sense why I see 4-5 of them during my daily commutes to and from work. I live in South Florida. Like, a hop, skip, and a jump away from Palm Beach Island...home to many wealthy old people. I figure we have so many of these alerts because so many billionaire grannies and grandaddies decide to ditch the island and explore the real world...at least that is what I like to imagine. So there you go, folks. Silver Alerts unveiled! Happy hunting!

1 comment:

  1. I believe this is what the song "The Way," by Fastballs is about.

    ReplyDelete